Practical Nursing education at TCAT Harriman replicates the reality of nursing practice while preparing students with the knowledge to provide healthcare in a variety of settings.
Approximately 60% of the program is presented as classroom theory and testing; while the remainder of the training is spent in supervised and evaluated clinical experiences at local healthcare facilities. This framework provides the student the opportunity to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities essential to fulfill the requirements to receive a diploma in Practical Nursing, be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for the Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) and obtain an entry-level practical nursing position.
|Time Commitment||Full Time, Part Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Class Type||Day, Night|
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
- You must pass the HESI admission exam before you may apply.
- Deliver your completed application packet to the Student Services Department at TCAT-Harriman as soon as possible. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 7: 30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
- Applicants must be able to pass a Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) class and obtain a certification card.
- Applicants must be able to provide an immunization record to both the Student Services office and the Nursing department..
Start Now—don’t wait!
4380 Harrison Road
Lenoir City, TN 37771
1745 Harriman Highway
Harriman, TN 37748
Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. May work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 23,900
Current job openings per year: 2,250