How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Download and complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
- Contact your physician and obtain your proof of vaccination letter
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, must submit proof of MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) vaccination
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1980, must submit proof of varicella (chicken pox) vaccination
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the insitutiton's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
1745 Harriman Highway
Harriman, TN 37748
Phone: 865-882-6703 Fax: 865-882-5038
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Students interested in the Nursing Assistant program must complete a background check prior to enrolling.
1. Go to www.CertifiedBackground.com.
2. Click in the Place Order box, Type “TB86” for Nursing Assistant. (These are the specific codes for this class. Do not key in any other codes)
3. Enter the required information and finish. Select a method of payment. CertifiedBackground.com accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Money orders.
4. Please make sure you bring in a receipt showing you’ve paid for the background check. Once you’ve provided a receipt and your background check has cleared, you will be permitted to register and pay for your books, insurance, and tuition.
Students enrolling in the evening class at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center attend 20 hours a week and register for 288 hours a term. Their approximate length of program is 4.5 terms. Tuition and fees for 288 hours is $1196.00
Total Program Cost for Welding at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center is $5691.00
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
- You must pass the HESI admission exam before you may apply.
- Deliver your completed application packet to the Student Services Department at TCAT-Harriman as soon as possible. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 7: 30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
- Applicants must be able to pass a Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) class and obtain a certification card.
- Applicants must be able to provide an immunization record to both the Student Services office and the Nursing department..
Start Now—don’t wait! Click here for Practical Nursing application packet:
Industrial Maintenance Technology
Supplemental training certificates may be given for specialized industry training. The individual training programs will determine supplemental certificate requirements.
Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
Students enrolling in the evening class at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center attend 20 hours a week and register for 288 hours a term. Their approximate length of program is 7.5 terms. Tuition for 288 hours is S1096.00
Total Program Cost for DPET at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center is $8882.00
**Complete cost of tools not included in total program cost.