Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
1745 Harriman Highway
Harriman, TN 37748
Phone: 865-882-6703 Fax: 865-882-5038
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Certified Nursing Assistant
The Certified Nursing Assistant program is a part-time program. Class schedules are created each term for evening part-time delivery. Please contact Andy Sammons, (865) 882-6703, for scheduling information.
· Students must be at least 16 years of age
· Students must be able to pass a physical, pass a background check, and pass a drug screen.
· Additional vaccination requirements include: TB skin test and Hepatitis B series.
· Student must posses a current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (CPR certification) through American Heart Association.
Students enrolling in the evening class at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center attend 20 hours a week and register for 288 hours a term. Their approximate length of program is 4.5 terms. Tuition and fees for 288 hours is $1196.00
Total Program Cost for Welding at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center is $5691.00
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
- You must pass the HESI admission exam before you may apply.
- Deliver your completed application packet to the Student Services Department at TCAT-Harriman as soon as possible. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 7: 30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
- Applicants must be able to pass a Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) class and obtain a certification card.
- Applicants must be able to provide an immunization record to both the Student Services office and the Nursing department..
Start Now—don’t wait!
Industrial Maintenance Technology
Supplemental training certificates may be given for specialized industry training. The individual training programs will determine supplemental certificate requirements.
Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
Students enrolling in the evening class at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center attend 20 hours a week and register for 288 hours a term. Their approximate length of program is 7.5 terms. Tuition for 288 hours is S1096.00
Total Program Cost for DPET at the Loudon County Instructional Service Center is $8882.00
**Complete cost of tools not included in total program cost.