The mission of the Medical Office Assistant program is to provide the students with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform both administrative and clinical services for patients.
Training for the program includes classroom theory and testing as well as clinical opportunities. Clinical experiences include a variety of general and specialty practices. The Medical Office Assistant program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed for 5 nationally recognized certifications as well as prepares students to go to work as healthcare professionals in doctor's offices, medical clinics hospitals, and specialty practices.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
- You must pass the HESI admission exam or have equivalent ACT scores.
- You must apply to the program online.
- Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
- Applicants must be able to pass a Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) class and obtain a certification card.
- Applicants must be able to provide an immunization record to the Health Sciences Coordinator.
1745 Harriman Highway
Harriman, TN 37748