The Medical Office Assistant program is a one year program. Training for the program includes a medical assistant skills as well as clinical opportunities. The Medical Office Assistant program prepares students to go to work as healthcare professionals doctor's offices, medical clinics, hospitals, and specialty practices. The curriculum includes administrative and clinical competencies. Clinical experiences include a variety of general and specialty practices.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
- You must pass the HESI admission exam or have equivalent ACT scores.
- You must apply to the program online.
- Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
- Applicants must be able to pass a Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) class and obtain a certification card.
- Applicants must be able to provide an immunization record to the Health Sciences Coordinator.
1745 Harriman Highway
Harriman, TN 37748
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 14,460
Current job openings per year: 2,190